The Virginia Conservation Assistance Program (VCAP) is a cost-share program for residential or other developed land uses, providing financial, technical, and educational assistance to property owners who install eligible Best Management Practices (BMPs) in Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay Watershed. The Albemarle Conservation Assistance Program (ACAP) and Charlottesville Conservation Assistance Program (CCAP) are similar in purpose, with special funding from the County of Albemarle and the City of Charlottesville to further encourage practice implementation within those localities. VCAP, ACAP, and CCAP practices can help you…
- Control erosion
- Conserve water within the landscape
- Improve riparian buffer areas
- Promote native vegetation and wildlife habitats
- Treat and control stormwater runoff
Thank you for your interest in our Conservation Assistance Program (CAP). If you are a property owner and your home is more than three years old, you may be eligible for our programs!
If you are just learning about the program, we encourage you to view the resources below first.
If are interested in scheduling a site visit with TJSWCD Staff to discuss conservation opportunities at your property, we are now accepting Site Visit Requests for early Spring 2022. Please fill out and return the TJSWCD Site Visit Request Form found here: CAP Site Visit Request Form
Once submitted staff will review your Site Visit Request Form and will follow up with any necessary information. Site visits will not take place prior to Spring 2022. We look forward to working with you at that time.
For those that have had a site visit with TJSWCD Staff and are ready to move forward with a formal project submittal, please make sure you familiarize yourself with the CAP application process provided in the resources above. It is critical that you make sure to submit all the required information, including the TJSWCD Conservation Assistance Program Application Packet here: TJSWCD Conservation Assistance Program Application Packet.
Once you are confident your application is complete, please submit applications to email@example.com. Staff will review all complete CAP applications in the order received and reach out to you to let you know the next steps. We look forward to working with you! Please be aware that submittal of an application for funding through the TJSWCD does not guarantee funding, nor can projects begin prior to application approval or be funded retroactively.
For any issues that may be caused by publicly-owned stormwater runoff or drainage systems, please contact your local government authority for further information and assistance.
Available projects include:
- Conservation Landscaping (native plantings of meadows, mulched beds, tree plantings) – 75% of costs up to $3,500
- Rain Gardens – 75% of costs up to $3,500
- Dry Wells – 75% of costs up to $3,500
- Impervious Surface Removal – $2.50/square foot removed up to $10,000
- Vegetated Stormwater Conveyance Channel – 75% of costs up to $10,000
- Rainwater Harvesting Systems – $2.00 per gallon treated in a 1-inch storm up to $10,000
- Bioretention Facilities – 75% of costs up to $15,000
- Infiltration Chamber – 75% of costs up to $15,000
- Permeable Pavers – $10/square foot installed with a maximum payment of $10,000
- Green Roofs – $10/square foot up to $15,000
VCAP Application Form
W-9 Tax Form – Required with application form
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-975-0224